The Borfski Press is not currently accepting submissions. Submissions for Issue V will open in Summer 2019
We accept Prose, Poetry, Art/Photography, and other miscellaneous Submissions
- Submit through Submittable for FREE (guidelines below)
- Taking Submissions again starting Summer 2019
- Want to submit something bizarre, or not sure which category your piece falls under? Email your submission to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for all submissions
The Borfski Press is an emerging magazine and small publishing company. We publish poetry, fiction, lyrics, cartoons, flash fiction, comics, articles, nonfiction, reviews, photos, art, and music compositions. However, we are open to bizarre queries: all art is welcome. The Borfski Press accepts work by both emerging and established artists. As a new company, we have a high acceptance rate. Above all else: keep writing and creating.
We believe in the first amendment and want to hear the good shit, so don’t hold back. That said, please, NO racist, discriminating, hateful, or religious material. If you have any questions about submissions, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Please follow the following guidelines when submitting:
- Include your last name in the name of your file attachment
- If you are submitting a word doc, include your first and last name in the document
- If you are submitting photographs, artwork, or other images, be sure to let us know the titles of each piece (either in the file name or in your greeting/bio)
- Keep bios under 100 words. We reserve the right to shorten your bio if we need to.
- If you are submitting multiple pieces of work in the same category, attach them all in one submission
To submit your work to the magazine, click the link at the bottom of the page to be transferred to our Submittable site.
Simultaneous submissions are permitted and encouraged! Please let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere. You may submit to multiple genres but allow for us to accept or reject your work before submitting again.
Our editors will get back to you as soon as possible with an acceptance/rejection letter after submissions close. You will receive a detailed letter from a human being: not a generic message. Every submission will receive a response.
If we accept your work for our magazine, we obtain First Serial Rights. Once accepted, the rights revert to the writer and you are free to do with the piece(s) as you please. We accept unpublished and previously published material.
The Borfski Press pays for contest winners. Because we offer free submissions, we are unable to compensate our contributors for The Borfski Press Magazine, but we hope to in the future.
What contributors receive:
- Your piece(s) in the print and electronic versions of the magazine
- A short biography and a photo to accompany your piece (optional)
- 50% discount on current and future issues: If you have ever been published in an issue of The Borfski Press Magazine, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you a special access link for 50% off the newest issue!
- Recognition on our social media and website